1. What personal information do we collect?
At Herb UK, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and their personal information, this includes details such as your;
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Gender and ethnicity
Any personal information we gather is provided by you, voluntarily, in order to take advantage or purchase our products and/or services.
2. What do we use your personal information for?
Primarily we use your information to complete transactions on our website, however we may also use your personal information:
- To market our brand, products, services to you, (you may unsubscribe from this at any time).
- To administrate this website, improve the website’s usability. For market research purposes and to understand and analyse our sales, your needs, and your preferences as well.
- To update/inform you of our promotional offers, competitions and/or opportunities to provide us with your feedback on specific brand related topics.
- To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- To assist you with any complaints
3. Information about visits to our website.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
4.Third party cookies Pages.
Pages with embedded content from other websites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, may present cookies. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Tints of Nature does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
5. Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. How do we keep your personal information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For further details of this policy please email us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How do we control your personal information?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by either selecting the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our email communications, by updating your cookie preferences or by emailing us at email@example.com
We may hold certain personal information you disclose to us, within a secure, protected and managed database for the duration only of your customer relationship with us, unless explicitly agreed to otherwise by you. This is for the purpose of enabling us to efficiently and effectively manage our service to you, and to keep in touch with you for the purposes described in sections 2 and 3, at your consent.
8. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
- we have your expressed permission to do so
- we are required by law to do so, and/or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- it is necessary in order to complete your transaction (see below)
9. When may it be necessary to share your personal information with third parties?
“Implied Consent” It may be necessary to share your personal information with certain third parties in the interest of completing your transaction with us, for example; preferred courier/delivery partners. In this instance such third parties must be GDPR compliant and adhere to rules which specifically express how the personal information provided may be used and what the acceptable duration for its use may be, in order to provide the acceptable level of service required.
10. How to request details of the personal information we hold about you.
You may request the details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at: Herb UK Ltd 310 Ampress Lane Ampress Park Lymington Hampshire SO41 8JX, United Kingdom. There is no fee payable for this service.
If you believe that any of the information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
11. Right to be forgotten “Right to erasure”
Under Article 17 of the GDPR, individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Should you wish to request this you can do so verbally or in writing. Our local contact number can be found within our contact us section, or you may email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Herb UK Ltd 310 Ampress Lane Ampress Park Lymington Hampshire SO41 8JX, United Kingdom.
12. Policy amendments.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
14. How to manage cookies
By using and browsing the herbuk.com website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, please disable the cookies by following the link below to the relevant browser(s) that you use below and you will still be able to use the site for research purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. For example, if you block cookies, you will not be able to use the shopping basket on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will, however, have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. Below are links to pages provided by the main browsers on how you can manage cookies using their browser: