As one of the largest independent manufacturers of hair products in the UK, we produce all of our high-quality products on-site, distributing to over 40 countries world-wide.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a dedicated Manufacturing Operative to join our team in Lymington.
Job Title: Manufacturing Operative
Reporting to: Production Manager
Position: Full-Time, Permanent.
Working Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:00 – 17:00.
Salary: £22,000 PA
We are award-winning pioneers of the hair care industry and have been revolutionising the market for 30 years. As one of the largest independent manufacturers of hair products in the UK, we produce all of our high-quality products on-site, distributing to over 40 countries world-wide. As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a dedicated Manufacturing Operative to join our team in Lymington.
We are looking for a dedicated Manufacturing Operative; responsible for ensuring all manufacturing duties are fulfilled. Including the effective operation of manufacturing equipment to produce multiple products, ensuring they meet QC standards. Meeting KPI’s and completing works orders.
- To produce high quality products according to the production plan
- To use multiple specialist production machines, maximising yield and reducing waste
- To ensure all products meet the required quality standards set
- To Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- To take delivery of all materials/product to the manufacturing area
- To have clean as you go practices in place to ensure your work stations are kept to standard
- To ensure that all paperwork (KPI’s and works orders) is completed in full to the required expectation
- To follow Good Manufacturing Practices and COSHH guidelines.
- To adhere to all safe working practices and ensure correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn.
- To ensure all issues are escalated to the Production Manager
- To support the team in a professional manor to aim high and achieve more.
- Able to pay close attention to detail, following procedures accurately
- Adle to adapt to changes in organisational needs and working environment
- Able to work alone as well as part of a wider team
- Able to take personal responsibility for job performance; completing work correctly and in a timely fashion
- Able to display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job and other employees; maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Able to communicate well; expressing ideas effectively and delivering information correctly.
- Manufacturing and/or engineering experience
- A good understanding of Physics and chemistry to GCSE level
What we offer:
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same
- On-going opportunities to grow and develop within our organisation.
- Free refreshments
- Corporate gym membership
- Social Events
- Discounted products and salon services
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Contribution towards healthcare*
- Increased holiday entitlement for length of service*
*According to length of service
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Herb UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we embrace, celebrate and support diversity whilst maintaining an inclusive work environment, free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect.
Employment at Herb UK is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.