Job Title: Despatch Operative
Reporting to: Despatch Manager
Position: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: £19,000 PA
Working Hours: 7am – 5pm Monday to Thursday or 7am – 5pm Tuesday - Friday.
Location: The site is located on Ampress Park in Lymington, Hampshire (accessible by public transport).
As one of the largest independent manufacturers of hair products in the UK, we are looking for a dedicated despatch operative to join our fast-growing business. Our UK despatch team is responsible for ensuring the timely shipment of all orders on a daily basis, ensuring our customers’ needs are met. As well as monitoring stock and replenishing inventory.
- Ensuring the accurate picking and secure packaging of orders
- Following FIFO stock management principles at all times
- Maintaining inventory replenishment into appropriate locations including returned goods
- Ensuring that all areas are kept organised, clean and tidy. Adhering to 5S standards daily
- Booking all collections on the PC and ensuring carriers do not leave until the agreed times
- Reporting faults and errors immediately to your manager
- Attending daily team meeting with Despatch Manager & Sales Admin team
- Conducting regular cycle counts of inventory in line with agreed schedule
- Complying with corrective action and non-conformance investigation
- Proactively identify areas for continuous improvement
- Keeping all processes up to date in the despatch department in conjunction with the Despatch Manager
- Aiding other departments when required
- Complying and managing health & safety rules at all times
- Good time management
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Challenges the status quo in the appropriate manner
- Able to facilitate positive change to processes, teamwork, continuous improvement and environment.
- Able to lead by example and help to motivate your team to strive for the best.
- Warehouse experience required
- Canteen and beverage facilities
- Corporate Gym membership
- Four company-paid social events each a year
- Private Medical Insurance after 2 years of service
- Bupa Cash plan after 2 years of service
- Generous product and salon services discount.
- Go Green Scheme
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Additional holiday with length of service.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Herb UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we embrace, celebrate and support diversity whilst maintaining an inclusive work environment, free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect.
Employment at Herb UK is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com